Amidst these uniquely challenging times, I wanted to share with you the measures we are taking to support the retail community. Firstly, we must prioritise the health and wellbeing of our employees, our customers, our friends, our families and ourselves. Our deepest thoughts are with those affected directly by the spread of COVID-19.
We all feel the gravity of the situation. There will be a lot to weather in the days, weeks and months ahead and with shared pain we can focus on shared solutions. There is a growing sense of community and we want to do all that we can to genuinely support our customers through the period ahead.
Our priority, given the capabilities that we provide, is to help you to keep your Store Teams connected to your customers even whilst your stores may be closed for the foreseeable future.
- Enabling your users to securely access the clienteling app on devices outside of stores (either on store devices or personal devices)
- Assistance with re-purposing teams, setting up new users and remote training
- Help to build specific 1-1 messaging templates and outreach initiatives
- Sharing best practices on messaging (positive reinforcement – “support”, “here to help”, “we hope you are OK”, “we’re available” etc)
- A regular check-in call to review the current status, progress with any initiatives set up and sharing of any best practices
- Setting up a weekly forum for our customers to come together and share how they are responding to the situation, what’s helping, how consumers are responding, and providing a channel where store associates and managers can connect and provide moral support to one another
Now more than ever the human touch matters and sharing authentic, personal messages will only strengthen the connection to your customers and deliver tangible business benefits.
It is impossible to deny that we all have a challenge on our hands, but it is our collective response to this challenge that will shape the future of the retail landscape and we stand beside you and your colleagues to help with that response. Please feel free to reach out if you want to understand how we can assist you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Above all stay safe and stay healthy.
CEO Proximity Insight