Effective 9 October 2014
At Proximity Insight, we provide proximity services and products, and as a result we collect data about individuals. A core feature of our business is that we use this data to provide our customers with valuable insights about, and to enable meaningful communications with, those individuals.
- We collect and process data provided by you and by third parties, including personal data.
- We only use that data to provide a better customer experience and a better service.
- We transmit and store personal data using generally accepted industry standards.
- You have rights to request access to your personal data and to ask us to correct it or delete it.
- What data do we collect and process?
We collect and process three different categories of data:
- “Personal data” that can identify an individual either by itself or in combination with other data sources;
- “De-identified data” which is personal data that is “de-identified” or “aggregated” so that the individual cannot be identified, either by redacting it, withholding or segregating parts of it, anonymizing it or through other methods; and
- “Non-personal data” that cannot identify an individual.
More specifically, we may collect and process data in the following circumstances:
|When you access our website or use our products and services, either on a mobile device or otherwise||We collect:
|When you use locational-based services||We collect data about your devices, including if you have locational services and/or Bluetooth activated on those devices. For instance, if a product or service uses iBeacon technology we will collect information about your devices as you approach beacon units, as well as information about your behaviour such as dynamic location and dwell times. You will be asked for your permission to collect information each time a location-based service is requested.|
|When we collect data from third parties||We collect data from third parties such as social media applications (e.g. Facebook, Twitter or Google+), banks, payment facilitators, credit agencies, customers (including from customer relationship management systems and databases), business partners, publicly available databases and other systems/applications that connect or interact with our website, products or services.|
|When you provide data to us||Including communications, media (video, pictures and text), comments, scripts, feedback, ideas, enhancement requests and other content.|
How do we use your data?
We respect your privacy and we don’t indiscriminately mine, harvest or hoard your data. Nor do we use consents provided by you in bad faith or for illegal purposes.
Broadly speaking, we use your data to provide a quality website experience, or products and services that you request. More specifically, we may use data that we collect about you, by itself or combined with other data, to:
- deliver products and services to you or your customers and to complete transactions;
- provide you with location-based services that you may request;
- communicate with you over any medium, including to advertise and market our and our partners’ products and services and to present content that is tailored to your interests (you have the right to opt out);
- recognize you when you return to our website or use/interact with our products or services;
- monitor your behaviour in order to provide you and other customers with a better experience;
- notify you of updates to and new features of our products, services and website;
- improve our website, products and services and make them easier to use, including by seeking your feedback;
- conduct research and analysis to better understand you and the effectiveness of our website, products and services (including the effectiveness of marketing campaigns);
- manage fraud, security risks and criminal activity; and
- use it in other ways as required or permitted by law or with your express or deemed consent.
How and to whom do we disclose your data?
We treat personal data differently from de-identified data or non-personal data. We will only disclose your personal data and de-identified data to third parties in the following circumstances:
|Personal data||De-identified data|
Transferring personal data outside of your home jurisdiction
The security of your personal data is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. This includes both technical and administrative measures. When you provide sensitive data to us, we encrypt the transmission of that data using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
No method of transmission, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data.
Data that you provide to us
If we collect personal data from you concerning other individuals, you are responsible for the collection, handling, currency and requests for return/removal of all such data.
Further, you must not provide, post or transmit any data or other material or information to us that: (a) infringes the proprietary rights of a third party (including intellectual property rights); (b) breaches any rights of publicity or privacy or any other rights at law; or (c) contains any viruses, macros, programming routines or other elements that may damage, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system or data.
We do not intend to retain data indefinitely; we will only retain your data for as long as it is needed to:
- provide products and services to you;
- provide you with a tailored website experience; or
- comply with laws, regulatory requirements, contractual requirements, government requests, or to detect or prevent criminal activities.
Access to your personal data and contact with us
We want you to have control over your personal data. If you would like to review or update your personal data that we have recorded, or to have it removed or deleted, please contact us at email@example.com (preferred).
If you prefer snail mail, please send it to the following address (you can expect a more delayed response):
Proximity Insight 817 Broadway, 4th Floor New York, New York, 10014
If we make fundamental or material changes we will attempt to notify you by email or by means of a notice on our website or application. Otherwise we will not notify you of iterative or non-material changes.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.